The Elgin Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (EACVB) is seeking a part-time Marketing & Community Outreach Coordinator. The Marketing & Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for updating the website to reflect current area events, and business listings and communicating with businesses about promotions.
15 Hours – NOT REMOTE – 60 S Grove Ave, Elgin IL
● Increase business interactions with Explore Elgin Area
● Maintain a robust event database with over 1,500 listings
● Increase business listings on ExploreElginArea.com
● Greet incoming customers at the visitors’ center
Supervised by the President/CEO for daily logistics and operations tasks for the Elgin Area Convention & Visitors Bureau:
● Responsible for uploading events and businesses to the Explore Elgin Area website and EnjoyIllinois.com
● Prepare and submit in a timely fashion the Elgin Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
information and materials requested by or required in the production of approved area, state,
regional and national printed publications. This includes the coordination of current,
accurate, comprehensive information for the Illinois statewide publications (Travel Guide),
and others as approved or directed by the President/CEO.
● Keep business listings accurate and current on ExploreElginArea.com (Open & Closing)
● Add all community events to Explore Elgin Area’s Facebook page
● Compile and maintain current, accurate and organized records of all communication
activities and materials and assure the accessibility to these records by staff. Assist with the
compilation, reporting, analysis and interpretation of project reports including quantitative
and qualitative components.
● Provide written and verbal activity reports to the President/CEO and groups as appropriate or requested.
● Attendance of outside events and promotions as warranted.
● Maintain a clean and orderly presentation in the public and common areas of the CVB office.
● Maintain a working knowledge of current facilities, attractions, events and services available in the Elgin Area and serve as a liaison between the Elgin Area tourism industry and its visitors/customers.
● Develop and nurture positive relationships and partnerships on behalf of the Elgin Area
Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Elgin Area destination with industry partners,
residents, information sources, peer organizations, clients and visitors.
● Write website, blog copy, collateral copy, and proofread content, as requested
- Knowledge of the Elgin Area required
- One year of experience working in a related capacity, travel & tourism experience is a plus
- Bilingual writing and verbal communication is a plus
- One year of experience working in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism
tourism or a related field preferred
- Background in public relations, media relations, marketing, itinerary planning and copywriting
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM software programs,
media tracking programs, Canva design and email marketing platforms
- Must have strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to multitask
- Good analysis, tracking and reporting abilities
- Superb verbal and written communication skills required
- Some weekend and evening hours are required
- Positive, upbeat attitude and team player
- Valid Driver’s license
Forward resume and cover letter to Krisilee Murphy, President/CEO, Krisilee@ExploreElginArea.com