To assist the delivery of services to Centro clients related to immigration, delivering bilingual information on applications, advocating on behalf of Centro clients and participating in outreach activities with the community to increase awareness of Centro’s services. This position serves is part of the Immigration Counseling Team and reports to the Immigration Services Coordinator.
This is a full-time position that is to be performed in-person.
About the agency:
Centro de Información is a 501c3 non-profit organization with offices in Elgin, Carpentersville and Hanover Park. The mission of Centro de Información is to empower Hispanics with the ability to effectively integrate into our greater community through the facilitation of information, education, citizenship and well-being. Centro provides immigration and naturalization services, employment aid, an emergency food pantry, educational seminars, public benefits outreach and advocacy and more. Centro has been serving in the community since 1972 and serves over 7,000 clients each year.
Each office location (Elgin, Carpentersville and Hanover Park) is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
To learn more about Centro, go to www.centrodeinformacion.org.
· Commitment to serving the immigration community.
· Assist with the screening of clients regarding immigration benefits and solutions available.
· Prepare immigration applications and supporting documents, following instructions from the Immigration Services Coordinator.
· Maintain accurate, complete and confidential case files.
· Prepare and submit program data in a timely manner.
* Complete comprehensive training with partner agencies to adhere with current immigration laws and procedures within 12 months of hire. Once training is completed, the person in this position is eligible to be promoted to the position of "Immigration Counselor."
· Contribute positively to team and agency goals.
· Participate in Centro staff team outreach activities to increase awareness of agency services.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Proficient in Spanish and English (writing, reading, speaking) and bicultural
· One year experience with immigration preferred.
· Excellent writing and speaking skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to understand complex immigration statutes and regulations.
· Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
· Strong organizational skills and ability maintain detailed, accurate records.
· Desire and ability to work independently, deliver quality service and also contribute to team goals.
· Proficient in MS Office programs and Google Suite.
***** Compensation may be increased after completing training and accreditation. *****
Related Links : https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/125d1eaf