Thanks for your interest in an open position at ColorWord Creative, Inc.
We are Looking for an Accounts Manager
This is a full-time, remote-first position.
As an account manager for ColorWord, you will liaise between our internal team and our fantastic client base.
An exceptional, empathetic communicator, our ideal candidate thinks strategically, listens carefully, and is obsessed with building great relationships and achieving client success. This person should feel comfortable acting as the face of ColorWord at networking and community events and should be enthusiastic about growing small businesses. They should also enjoy trying new ideas, tracking results, and dreaming up ways to pivot based on data.
You’ll be joining our small-but-mighty team of writers, designers, strategists and operations experts, collaborating each day to ensure our clients see measurable value in our partnership and feel deeply cared for.
We’re a small shop, so you’ll get to wear a lot of hats, and there’s lots of room for growth. Our ideal candidate will be excited about building our company through an aggressive growth phase, and always willing to raise a hand to ask a great question or share a new idea or way of thinking.
How you’ll contribute
● Act as liaison between ColorWord Creative and our phenomenal client base, ensuring a remarkable client experience and measurable ROI for each client.
● Own and continue to develop strategic client communications, including but not limited to, attending standing client meetings and strategically growing each account based on their unique need and ColorWord’s service offerings.
● Own and continue to develop day-to-day client communications, including but not limited to email management, weekly reporting and follow-ups, and fielding customer service requests in a timely manner.
● Provide intake briefs for our creative team based on client needs and
● Work closely with our Operations Manager to schedule and complete client work efficiently.
● Create and implement systems for weekly, monthly, and quarterly project tracking for clients.
● Create and implement a system to deliver data and readily demonstrate measurable marketing ROI to clients.
● Interpret data and use it to provide strategic recommendations.
● Cooperatively take on other duties, roles, or responsibilities as assigned.
What you’ll need
● Bachelor's degree or comparable experience in Marketing, Business, Sales or a related field.
● Crystal clear digital and in-person communication skills. You should feel comfortable championing ColorWord to clients and comfortable championing the client's need to the ColorWord team.
● An enjoyment of managing multiple tasks, clients, problems, and systems at one time. (Read: exceptional time management skills.)
● The ability to thrive in a remote environment and function with great autonomy.
● A high comfort level with technology (e.g. Slack, Gmail and Google Suite, Asana, Dropbox etc.)
● At least 3 years of client-facing experience.
● Curiosity and an insatiable desire to learn and improve.
● A love of helping people.
Nice-to-haves: Impress us even more
● Interest and skill in graphic design, web design, and copywriting, should the need arise.
● Familiarity with the Adobe creative suite and/or a web platform (SquareSpace, WordPress), email marketing platform (MailChimp, Constant Contact), CRM (HubSpot, Zoho).
● A desire to create something new, whether a strategic process, program or service.
● Help us practice what we preach: depending on the skill set of the employee, this role could expand to bolster ColorWord’s own marketing capabilities and channels.
● Act as the face of ColorWord Creative at networking events, strengthening community relationships and building new business.
You’ll Be a Part Of
At ColorWord Creative, we’re making marketing easier for businesses that want to prioritize excellent marketing as part of their overall growth strategy.
Lead by a StoryBrand Certified Guide, we specialize in clarifying key messaging and brand identity, and then implementing those talking points so our clients see measurable results in their marketing and their bottom line.
Working at ColorWord is a chance to build an organization during an exciting stage of aggressive growth—to help shape a company at the ground level and play a role in the success of small businesses across the United States (and occasionally Canada).
It’s also an opportunity to join a team that is built on trust and transparency, and committed to the development and overall health of our people.
As we grow, we never want to lose the intimate, strategic relationships that our small company is known for. This is where you come in.
If you thrive in autonomy, approach interactions from a place of empathy, and love small business, collaboration, thinking outside the box, and pushing the envelope of traditional marketing, you might be a great fit for ColorWord Creative.
How to Apply
Please send a digital cover letter, resume, link to your LinkedIn profile and any applicable portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re excited to meet you.