Scope of Duties - We are seeking a person to develop and maintain a working knowledge of all BBT’s infrastructure systems to provide server, database, and network leadership; PC support; and Web security. This person will be proactive in assisting BBT staff leverage technology for efficiency and effectiveness.
Description - This is a full-time, exempt position based in Elgin, Ill., for a not-for-profit, faith-based organization that provides employer-based pension, insurance, and asset management services for 5,000 individuals and client organizations nationwide. This position reports to the Director of Operations for Information Technology.
Knowledge/Experience - The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in information technology or equivalent work experience in the information technology field. This position requires a high level of technical knowledge and aptitude, intense attention to detail, and proficiency with computer systems and applications. The candidate must be able to interact effectively with colleagues and customers to provide information in response to technical help-desk inquiries.
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and related information.
- Verify stability, functionality, security, and reliability of system architecture.
- Collaborate with designated experts to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Evaluate, install and monitor hardware and software systems and provide training and support.
- Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics :
- Security of Network/Application/Physical Data Security/VPN/Routers/Firewalls /Switches/IDS|IPS/VoIP
- VMware ESX/Horizon View/Storage Area Network
- Win2008-2012r2 Active Directory/IIS/ADFS
- MS Exchange/Anti-Spam/encryption/archive
- Laptop and Desktop hardware/software support
- Track and maintain in-house IT equipment inventory
- Research and pursue new technologies for office implementation
- Limited On-Call support
- Troubleshoot and resolve internal LAN issues
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- MS Dynamics CRM/GP/Management Reporter
- Veeam backup and replication
- Complex financial systems
We are seeking candidates with strong verbal and written communications skills, the ability to work independently and to conceptualize and understand data with minimal direction. A demonstrated track record of providing superior customer service and a willingness and ability to expand knowledge and effectiveness through training is a must. Current and active membership in a faith community is required.
Travel - The Network Administrator will be expected to travel infrequently.
About BBT - Church of the Brethren Benefit Trust is an agency of the Church of the Brethren, a Protestant denomination founded in 1708 that includes more than 114,000 members, 1,021 congregations, four colleges and two universities, one seminary, and 23 affiliated retirement communities.
Salary/Benefits - Salary and benefits are competitive with not-for-profit financial organizations of comparable size and scope within the Chicago region. A full benefits package is included.
Applying - By March 27, please send a letter of interest, resumé, three professional references, and salary-range expectation to Diane Parrott at 1505 Dundee Ave., Elgin, IL 60120, or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Brethren Benefit Trust, visit www.cobbt.org.