The Tax Analyst will be a member of the small corporate finance team. The position will report directly to the Federal Senior Tax Analyst and International Tax Manager. The Tax Analyst will have interaction with the VP of Tax. This position will assist in a variety of tax areas including; tax compliance, planning and various strategic initiatives. Currently, the Middleby group consists of over 150 worldwide subsidiaries. This position is best suited to an individual that is a confident and independent professional with excellent communication skills looking to develop the tax function in a large and growing global business.
- Prepare and assist with the filing of federal and state tax returns; including, calculation of supporting workpapers, depreciation and quarterly estimates;
- Prepare and assist with the filing of international inbound tax returns for Middleby Corporation and its subsidiaries. Calculation of various support schedules for tax return including (but not limited to); foreign tax credits, foreign E&P pools and transfer pricing;
- Prepare and assist in the documentation of the ASC 740 analysis and disclosure requirements for SEC reporting on a quarterly and year end basis;
- Prepare and assist in filing of; revenue related tax returns, annual reports and census questionnaires;
- Assist management in responding to and tracking of state income, franchise and sales tax notices;
- Assist management with federal, state and international audits;
- Assist management in the research and implementation of various tax planning strategies relating to but not limited to; state nexus / apportionment planning, credit and incentives, mergers and acquisitions, foreign restructuring, and transfer pricing;
- Establish strong relationships with divisions, departmental heads and outside tax service vendors to maximize efficiency within the global tax department.
- BS in Accounting and CPA preferred but not required, MST a plus
- 1-3 years of tax experience in public accounting firm or industry with focus on tax compliance.
- Sub-chapter C and ASC 740 familiarity.
- Must have good communication and writing skills with the ability to interact with various departments.
- Strong computer and tax research skills.
- Demonstrated initiative in mastering new technical areas quickly.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated analytical, technical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed.